Advantages of organic pork from the EU

Advantages of organic pork from the EU

Find out what characterizes organic pork from the EU. See what restrictive standards it must meet at each stage of production to be certified organic. Learn about the types of pork meat. Choose organic pork from the EU if you want to take care of the quality of your diet.


Positive aspects of organic production in the European Union

All organic products in the EU are subject to strict farm-to-fork production rules. From preparation to distribution (from primary production to storage, processing, transportation, distribution and delivery to the final consumer)[1]. This means that when you choose pork from the EU, first of all, you areassured of a high-quality product.


Characteristics of pork meat

Pork is a source of complete protein and amino acids. You can find vitamins in it, most of the B group, PP, A [2] and iron [3]. Pork is, above all, a delicious meat, from which you will prepare many different and flavorful meals. The most popular types of pork are bacon, ham, ribs and pork neck.

Raw bacon is light or dark pink with a layer of white fat. During roasting or frying, most of the fat melts off, releasing its flavor. You will prepare bacon in many ways! It is recommended for smoking, grilling, frying and braising. By using it in a dish even in a small amount, you will provide it with an amazing aroma.

Ham is the upper part of the back leg of the carcass. This delicious and lean meat can be baked, fried, breaded. The spices that will best enhance its flavor and aroma are garlic, thyme, rosemary and marjoram.

Ribs are very tender meat, consisting of bone, meat and fat part. They are perfect for grilling, roasting, braising, smoking, and are also great for soups.

Pork neck is a very tasty cut of meat. Meat with a red color and overgrown fat, will go very well on the grill. It goes well with hot spices and garlic.


Differences between organic and mass production.

In order to market their products as organic, farmers must feed animals completely organic feed, so that the product meets strict standards from the very beginning of production.

Animal husbandry personnel must have the necessary knowledge of animal health and welfare needs and possess a range of skills in these areas. Particular attention is paid to minimum housing and open spaces. As a result, animals are kept in good conditions away from stressful factors, which has a positive effect on the quality and taste of the meat.

In addition, in order for a product to be labeled as organic with the EU organic production logo, which is a white leaf logo on a green background, it must contain at least 95% organic ingredients, and the remaining 5% must meet strict conditions [4]. Growth promoters and synthetic amino acids are prohibited. This ensures that the product you choose is free of unnecessary substances.

In addition, organic production is a system that contributes to the inclusion of environmental requirements [5]. By choosing organic products, you contribute to taking care of the environment.


Why is it worth to choose organic pork?

Organic pork from the EU is a guarantee of high quality. Thanks to the fact that its production is controlled at every stage, the product is free from contaminants,unnecessary chemical ingredients or growth promoters. By choosing it, you will not only take care of the quality of your diet, but you will enjoy an amazing taste. You will also contribute to caring for the environment. Make a conscious choice of organic pork from the EU and look for the white leaf on green logo on packaging.




[1] European Commission official website, (09.02.2023).

[2] R. Chojnacka, J. Przytuła, A. Swulińska-Katulska, E. Aszkiewicz, „Kuchnia polska ENCYKLOPEDIA SZTUKI KULINARNEJ”, Poznań, p. 148.

[3] A. Kołodziej-Skalska, B. Matysiak, M. Grudziński, „Mięso wieprzowe a zdrowie człowieka, Kosmos – Problemy nauk biologicznych”, vol. 65, no. 4(313)/2016, p. 537.

[4] European Commission official website, (09.02.2023).

[5] Regulation (EU) 2018/848 of the European Parliament and of the Council on organic production and labeling of organic products, (09.02.2023).


Follow us on Instagram!